Friday 20 January 2012

First Post

This is obviously my first post. I have been looking for ways to reach out and share my experiences to the maybe three people who will ever read this. As the title of this blog hints, I am a student with little in the way of money. I have been reading a couple of other blogs of people who want to retire early, which I will admit sounds awesome. I am hoping that by starting early I make it more likely that I will be able to achieve that. My ultimate goal is to be the classic definition of rich, big house, nice cars, traveling all the time. But I realize that the best way to accumulate wealth is by not spending it frivolously. And being a student now I do not really have the option to spend money. My chequing account has 29 cents in it right now.

Right now I am in the second semester of my first year at Wilfrid Laurier University. I have not worked since the summer and will not be working again until the summer, so there is a big gap between pay cheques. But I managed to have enough to survive the first year without selling a kidney (perhaps speaking too soon). I intend to post stuff here regularly, but to be honest, I am not sure I have a lot to say. I think I know a lot about money and how to save or acquire it, but then again I am pretty well broke. I am a very big sports fan too, so maybe I could BS a post or two about sports. I need to figure this all out yet. If you are still reading at this point of my babbling I am thankful and encourage you to suffer through whatever else I happen to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment